Choosing between Self-pay and Insurance
Self-pay is accepted and encouraged. Self-pay provides you with the most privacy and assures that your therapy remains confidential.
Some things to consider when making the decision to private pay or use insurance:
- Insurance does not pay for premarital, marital or couples therapy. They do not consider seeking therapy in these situations to meet the requirement of "medically necessary".
- Insurance companies require that therapy be medically necessary. In order for your insurance company to pay for your therapy, they require that you be diagnosed with a mental illness.
- Any diagnosis submitted to insurance will be in your health record permanently.
- If you have a mental illness in your health record, I cannot guarantee that your diagnosis will be exempt from any future legislation tying gun ownership and mental illness diagnoses.
- Insurance company employees will have access to your diagnosis and therapy attendance.
- Your insurance company has the right to audit your chart at any time.
- I cannot control who within an insurance company may view your information through the claims or audit process.
I am considered an in-network provider for Tricare Prime and Tricare Select.
Many insurance companies offer out-of-network benefits. I can provide you with an invoice that you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement. Please contact your insurance company to inquire about the coverage available to you.
I accept payment in the form of cash, personal check, major credit cards, and benefit payment cards. Payment is due at the end of your appointment unless previous arrangements have been made.
Please contact me to discuss my fees. I offer competitive pricing for a licensed psychologist in the Jacksonville metro area.